Hi! I’m Blair. My wife and I live in New York City with our (new!) baby daughter and two doggos.
- Work now: Product Principal at SAS Software
- Work then: Demandware (now the Salesforce Commerce Cloud); IBM; global health project management (South Sudan, Kenya, Vietnam) and Peace Corps Cameroon (❤️ 🇨🇲) More details
- Before that: The University of Virginia (go hoos) and business school at Duke.
- Not work: Backcountry hiking, powerlifting, good cocktails and reading/writing
I have authored or co-authored two books:
- The Second Transit is a work of science fiction (or speculative fiction, depending on your definition). You can read more about it at that link, or find it on Amazon.
- Building for Business: Product Management in Enterprise Software – my friend Ben Gaines and I co-authored this book on (you’ll never guess!) product management in enterprise software which will be published by O’Reilly Media in early 2018. Check out the site for more info.
My most popular blog posts, based on traffic:
- Adobe and Transformation
- You Should Be Paying Attention to North Carolina
- Birthing Babies
- Relevancy and Truth
And these are some of my personal favorites:
I’ve transitioned all my writing here now, but I used to write some stuff on Medium. Here are some of my favorite pieces (not necessarily the most popular):
- Product Management for the Enterprise (this one went pretty big)
- On remote working: One way Big Tech can help bring America together: hire people where they are
- On tech monopolies: The New Monopolists
- Elon is wrong: we’re not going to colonize Mars (self explanatory)
Reading and Updates
I also send out an irregular email update with a summary of the best stuff I’ve read on the web, plus a summary of what I’ve written here. There are currently a little over 200 subscribers. You can also read past issues of my email updates at that same link.
How to reach me
The easiest way to find me is on the Twitterwebs: @BlairReeves
Other than Twitter, this blog is probably the best place to set a sense of what’s on my mind lately.
If you want to drop me a line, I look forward to hearing from you. (I think.) blair (at) blairreeves.me
Thanks for reading!