Hi! I’m Blair. My wife and I live in Pittsboro, North Carolina with our baby daughter and two doggos. I mostly write about enterprise software, product management, technology, culture and whatever else I care to ramble about on any particular day. I try not to blog about politics.
- Work now: Principal Product Manager at SAS Software
- Work then: Demandware (now the Salesforce Commerce Cloud); IBM; global health project management (South Sudan, Kenya, Vietnam) and Peace Corps Cameroon (❤ 🇨🇲)
- Before that: The University of Virginia (go hoos) and business school at Duke.
- Not work: Backcountry hiking, powerlifting, good cocktails and reading/writing.
- Here’s my go-to jambalaya recipe
Building Products for the Enterprise: Product Management in Enterprise Software – my friend Ben Gaines and I co-authored this book on (you’ll never guess!) product management in enterprise software, published by O’Reilly Media.
My 4 most popular blog posts of all time, based on traffic:
- Learn to Sell
- Don’t work “remotely”
- Why you’re having trouble hiring
- What’s a Senior Product Manager’s job?
Here are some other popular ones:
- Paying for the Class of 2039
- Adobe and Transformation
- You should be paying attention to North Carolina
- The Distributed Company
Here’s a full list of my blog posts, in reverse-chrono order, that you can peruse.
Stay in touch
I send out an irregular email update with a list of the most interesting stuff I’ve read on the web, plus a summary of my own writing. Subscriber growth is strong and click-throughs are high. You can also read past issues of my email updates at that same link.
The easiest way to find me is on the Twitterwebs: @BlairReeves
If you want to drop me a line, I look forward to hearing from you. (I think.) blair (at) blairreeves.me
Thanks for reading!