Hi! I’m Blair. My wife and I live in New York City with our (new!) baby daughter and two doggos.
I work as a Product Principal at SAS Software. Before SAS, I spent time in both Product and Marketing at Demandware and IBM. I have a bunch of resources on Product Management over here. Outside of work, I like backcountry hiking, powerlifting, good cocktails and reading/writing. I’ve always got a couple of projects going somewhere.
I went to the University of Virginia and claim it over Duke, where I got my MBA. I was also a Peace Corps Volunteer in Cameroon (❤️ 🇨🇲) and worked in global development for several years across South Sudan, Kenya and Vietnam before grad school.
I have authored or co-authored two books:
- The first is a science-fiction (or speculative fiction, depending on your definition) book titled The Second Transit. You can read more about it at that link, or find it on Amazon.
- The second is a book on product management in enterprise software. I wrote it along with Ben Gaines at Adobe, and the tentative title is “Make It So: Product Management for the Enterprise.” You can learn more about it at the book site: MakeItSoBook.com
Based on traffic, here are my three most popular blog posts:
These didn’t get as much traffic, but I think they’re also worth calling out:
I’ve transitioned all my writing here now, but I used to write some stuff on Medium. Here are some of my favorite pieces (not necessarily the most popular):
- Product Management for the Enterprise (this one went pretty big)
- On remote working: One way Big Tech can help bring America together: hire people where they are
- On tech monopolies: The New Monopolists
- Elon is wrong: we’re not going to colonize Mars (self explanatory)
Reading and Updates
I also send out an irregular email update with a summary of the best stuff I’ve read on the web, plus a summary of what I’ve written here. There are currently a little over 200 subscribers. You can also read past issues of my email updates at that same link.
How to reach me
The easiest way to find me is on the Twitterwebs: @BlairReeves
Other than Twitter, this blog is probably the best place to set a sense of what’s on my mind lately.
If you want to drop me a line, I look forward to hearing from you. (I think.) blair (at) blairreeves.me
Thanks for reading!