Hi! I’m Blair. My wife and I live in Pittsboro, North Carolina with our daughter. I mostly write about enterprise software, product management, technology, culture and whatever else I care to ramble about on any particular day.
- Work now: Director of Product Management at Salesforce
- Work then: SAS; Demandware (now the Salesforce Commerce Cloud); IBM; global health project management (South Sudan, Kenya, Vietnam) and Peace Corps Cameroon (❤ 🇨🇲)
- Before that: The University of Virginia (go hoos) and business school at Duke.
- Not work: Backcountry hiking, powerlifting, good cocktails and reading/writing. (Here’s what I’m reading.)
- Here’s my go-to jambalaya recipe
Building Products for the Enterprise: Product Management in Enterprise Software – my friend Ben Gaines and I co-authored this book on (you’ll never guess!) product management in enterprise software, published by O’Reilly Media. It is very popular.
My 4 most popular blog posts of all time, based on traffic:
- Don’t work “remotely”
- Learn to Sell
- The Browser Monopoly
- Why you’re having trouble hiring
- AI is not coming for you
Here are some other popular ones:
- Paying for the Class of 2039
- Adobe and Transformation
- You should be paying attention to North Carolina
- The Internet as Television
Here’s a full list of my blog posts, in reverse-chrono order, that you can peruse.
People of the internet, hear my words
Here’s a video of my presentation at the Empower B2B conference in November, 2018. (This was after a 4am wakeup and 5-hour flight, so please cut me some slack.)
I’ve been on a few podcasts, mostly talking about our book and general topics on product management.
- Rocketship.fm (30 minutes)
- 100 Product Managers (48 minutes)
- The Everyday Innovator (37 minutes) – both Ben and I managed to join this one, and as usual, Ben was the smarter sounding one.
- This is Product Management (32 minutes)
- UNCO.fm by Timothy Buck (52 minutes)
The easiest way to find me is on the Twitterwebs: @BlairReeves
If you want to drop me a line, I look forward to hearing from you. (I think.) blair (at) blairreeves.me
Thanks for reading!